50/50 Juried Art Exhibition
Curator: Mahrokh Ahankhah
Queen Gallery is seeking submissions for the second annual 50/50 Juried Art Exhibition! Last year’s show was such a giant success that we have decided to extend the show this year.
Click here to upload the Contract.
50 50 Contract.PDF
June 30, 2011
$20.00 (for first submission)
+ $5.00 (for each additional work)*
All artwork must be completed, ready to hang (including professional backings and hanging equipment) and in good condition. It must have your name, title and medium printed clearly on the back and an arrow to indicate which direction is up (unless, of course, it is ridiculously obvious). The artist must sign all artworks.
Submitting work for consideration is easy.
Email us samples of your work (5 high res JPG files), along with a short bio and a description of the work you will be presenting, including the title and medium.
Please include the following with your submission:
- Your Name (and company name if you have one)
- Contact information (Phone, Cell, Email)
- Website (if you have one)
Email submissions to: email@example.com
*Participation Fees are only paid if your work is selected to be part of the show.
There will be two stages to this submission process. Following acceptance via email submission, Queen Gallery will request an on-site viewing of your work. Please bring your artwork to the gallery (382 Queen Street East) on Thursday, July 14 (1:30-8:30pm) or Saturday, July 16 (3:30-6:30).
Terms and Conditions:
- The 50/50 Show is a juried art exhibition.
- The Artist hereby warrants that the Artist created and possesses unencumbered title to the works of art listed and has the right to loan these works for purposes of exhibition and sale.
- Artists must drop off their artwork on the specified date, along with a signed copy of this contract and $20 cash for the first submitted artwork, plus $5 each for any additional work (maximum three artworks).
- All artwork must be 20 inches x 20 inches (including any framing), with signature, and with name, date, title, and medium clearly printed on the back.
- Each artwork exhibited will be offered for sale at a minimum price of $350 plus 13% HST.
- Queen Gallery will take a 50% commission from all work sold at the exhibition.
- Artists must pick up their work (or arrange to have their work picked up) by the pick-up date (Wednesday, August 31st between 11:30 and 6:30 or Thursday, September 1st between 1:30 and 8:30) or the art becomes the property of Queen Gallery. Please inform the gallery if someone else is going to be picking up your work.