Click Here to print the submission form: WHEREISHOME
Apply below through our submission form.
Exhibition: May 30th – June 10th, 2017.
Tuesday to Saturday 3:30pm to 7:30pm.
Reception: Wednesday, May 24th, from 7pm to 9pm
Online deadline: May 9th, 2017
Drop off: May 24th and 25th, from 3:30pm to 7pm
Artists are responsible for delivering and collecting their works from the gallery.
$180.00 (for first submission)
$10.00 (for each additional work)
Queen Gallery is seeking submissions for our upcoming photography group show WHERE IS HOME.
How do you define home? Is home where you are, where you left, or where you are going to? Is home a place, a feeling, or an action?
We welcome all artists to submit their photographic interpretations of HOME.
HOME by Warsan Shire
“I want to go home,
but home is the mouth of a shark
home is the barrel of the gun
and no one would leave home
unless home chased you to the shore”
Read More »
The Queer Jewish Photography of Oscar Wolfman
Curators: Mahrokh Ahankhah & David Townsend
May 2- May 26, 2017
Tuesday to Saturday 3:30pm to 7:30pm
Sunday & Monday by appointment only
Please call 416 361 6045
Wednesday May 3, 2017, 7:00-9:00 pm
This retrospective of the late Toronto photographer Oscar Wolfman (1956-2011) focuses on his transgressive yet deeply reverent queering of Jewish spirituality and culture. Large-format archival prints reference the the Italian settecento, in lush reimaginings of biblical scenes. Meditations on Jewish ritual practices provocatively foreground their homoerotic valence. The deeply humane relation of Wolfman’s camera to the inner life of his subjects is perhaps the purest distillation of his spirituality.
HOW TO APPLY
Email email@example.com with your resume and a short paragraph about why you are interested in volunteering with us. Please, also include your availability and the amount of hours that your are interested in volunteering.
Do you have a passion for writing and marketing? Are you interested in visual arts?
We are seeking a Communications and Marketing Volunteer!
We are seeking creative, flexible, reliable individuals with excellent communication skills who can assist with the communications and marketing needs of Queen Gallery. The positions will support organization-wide efforts to establish a strong community outreach and social media presence for Queen Gallery and our related events and activities.
These positions are ideal for anyone interested in learning more about communications and marketing for the arts.
· Provide social media support (writing and posting content on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, website).
· Assist with writing content for Queen Gallery’s newsletter and press releases.
· Assist with community outreach and marketing for exhibitions and events.
· Others as needed, all related to communications and marketing
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Familiarity of social media marketing terms and strategy
· Ability to use social media channels to promote Queen Gallery: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest
· Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator) is an asset
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to work as a team member
For these positions, you need to be able to commit 4 hours a week or more. Gallery hours are from Tuesday to Saturday from 3:30pm to 7:30pm.