Curated by Mahrokh Ahankhah and Aitak Sorahitalab
Exhibition: March 14 – 24, 2017.
Tuesday to Saturday 3:30pm to 7:30pm.
Reception: Wednesday, March 15. 7pm to 9pm
Queen Gallery is delighted to host our annual NOROUZ Group Show to celebrate the first day of spring and the beginning of the year in the Persian calendar.
Norouz, meaning “New Day” in Persian, is the traditional celebration of the New Year in many parts of the world, including Iran, Turkey, parts of Central Asia, South Asia, Northwestern China, the Crimea and some ethnic groups in Albania, Bosnia, Kosovo and the Republic of Macedonia.
In these troubled times we welcome you to celebrate multiculturalism and art with us!
HOW TO APPLY
Email email@example.com with your resume and a short paragraph about why you are interested in volunteering with us. Please, also include your availability and the amount of hours that your are interested in volunteering.
Do you have a passion for writing and marketing? Are you interested in visual arts?
We are seeking a Communications and Marketing Volunteer!
We are seeking creative, flexible, reliable individuals with excellent communication skills who can assist with the communications and marketing needs of Queen Gallery. The positions will support organization-wide efforts to establish a strong community outreach and social media presence for Queen Gallery and our related events and activities.
These positions are ideal for anyone interested in learning more about communications and marketing for the arts.
· Provide social media support (writing and posting content on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, website).
· Assist with writing content for Queen Gallery’s newsletter and press releases.
· Assist with community outreach and marketing for exhibitions and events.
· Others as needed, all related to communications and marketing
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Familiarity of social media marketing terms and strategy
· Ability to use social media channels to promote Queen Gallery: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest
· Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator) is an asset
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to work as a team member
For these positions, you need to be able to commit 4 hours a week or more. Gallery hours are from Tuesday to Saturday from 3:30pm to 7:30pm.
The Queer Jewish Photography of Oscar Wolfman
Curators: Mahrokh Ahankhah & David Townsend
May 2- May 26, 2017
Tuesday to Saturday 3:30pm to 7:30pm
Sunday & Monday by appointment only
Please call 416 361 6045
Wednesday May 3, 2017, 7:00-9:00 pm
This retrospective of the late Toronto photographer Oscar Wolfman (1956-2011) focuses on his transgressive yet deeply reverent queering of Jewish spirituality and culture. Large-format archival prints reference the the Italian settecento, in lush reimaginings of biblical scenes. Meditations on Jewish ritual practices provocatively foreground their homoerotic valence. The deeply humane relation of Wolfman’s camera to the inner life of his subjects is perhaps the purest distillation of his spirituality.